Home Learning for this week can be accessed by clicking on the Classes tab and choosing the relevant year group.
COLCHESTER AND BLACKWATER SCHOOL SPORTS PARTNERSHIP
Check out the Colchester SSP twitter account to view personal challenges and videos for pupils and their families.
SCHOOL PLANS FOR KEY WORKERS
School Plans for Key Workers who require school childcare
If you have been informed by the schools that you meet the criteria of critical keyworkers the arrangements are outlined below:
- Due to the reduction in numbers, all children will come to the junior school, we will be closing the infant building during this period.
- If you already use our before or after school provision this will continue to operate.
- At drop off times your child’s temperature may be taken to ensure that they are not showing any symptoms – depending on numbers this may take a little more time so be mindful of this when dropping off.
- Teachers and some LSAs will operate a rolling teaching staff – our focus will be on ensuring the children are kept safe and happy. We will continue to ensure some learning takes place but this will not be at our usual service or curriculum offer. Our role has changed, we are providing child care for critical workers.
- The office team will be based in the junior building, all telephone calls must be via the junior telephone number 01206 577608. DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES ON THE INFANT ANSWERING MACHINE.
- Children will be expected to be in their full school uniform and they will need their PE kits as we will aim to offer a range of different activities such as gardening, forest school, dance etc.
- Depending on numbers and staffing levels we can review whether we are able to offer childcare for keyworkers on a day to day basis which fits shift patterns etc during the school day – more details will follow next week.
School Plans for non-key workers who cannot access the school childcare
- A letter was sent out at the beginning of the week outlining plans for closure, this will still apply. Learning will be set each Monday and published on our schools websites. Children have already been sent home with an exercise book.
- Year group emails have been set up and you have already been sent these. A reminder that they will be monitored during the normal school day 9-3:30pm.
- Staff will continue to update you with useful links and potential ideas to complement your Home Learning and they’ll be keen to hear about how they are getting on.
UPDATE FROM MR MILLBOURNE
If anyone in your household presents with symptoms of a new persistent cough or a high temperature/fever then all of your household is asked to stay isolated for 2 weeks. Therefore even if your school child is well enough in themselves to come to school but one person in your household is showing key symptoms then please keep your child/all of your children off school as part of the new isolation guidelines. We understand the issues this may cause but it is imperative to follow these so that we may all help to support and protect people who are at a high risk within our community and amongst our networks.
Please refer at any time to the Gov.uk guide.
Water fountains have been switched off and we are asking children to bring in fresh water daily. The water bottles must go home daily to be cleaned.
Welcome to the PJS website.
Welcome to Prettygate Junior School and thank you for your interest.
We are proud of our children; their attitude to school is excellent. They behave exceptionally well and attendance is very high. They have a high regard for all the staff and find great enjoyment and show interest in their learning and other activities. The children take great pride in their school and are actively engaged in ensuring that the most is made of every learning opportunity.
Our school has a long tradition of excellent results and a wide range of successes. It is a school that has the continuing improvement and wellbeing of each child at its core. The staff are a very dedicated, enthusiastic and hard working team who always go the extra mile to ensure that children are offered the very best opportunities to flourish and achieve.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Mon 6 - Fri 17 Apr (inclusive) - Easter holidays
- Tues 21 Apr - Yr 3 Greek Day
- Weds 22 Apr - Pret-a-Portrait class photographs
- Members of the PJS choir took part in the Young Voices event at the O2.
- Congratulations to the years 5 and 6 Sportshall Athletics team, winners of the Colchester area competition.
- Congratulations to the Sportshall Athletics team, who won the Colchester competition.
- Year 3 and 4 girls football club - Prettygate's very own Lionesses!